Liana and Chris had a magical wedding day! They have been together for 6 years after meeting at Sac State! Continue reading
Sarah and Justin were so much fun to work with! We loved every part of the planning process for their big day. The whole day was one big party and was such a fun atmosphere to be a part of! Continue reading
- How many people does the room hold?
- The room holds about 350 people without a dance floor in the room and about 250-300 with a dance floor in the room.
- Is there a separate ceremony space? Is it included in the pricing?
- Yes, we use the Grand Pavilion as a reception hall and have a covered outdoor gazebo overlooking the pond and course that is used for the ceremony space. It is included in your room rental.
- What is included in the room rental pricing?
- With the room rental you receive 8 hours of total time in the space (2 hours access for decorating, 5 hours of event time and 1 hour for cleanup,) round 72” tables that seat up to 10 guests, Mahogany Chivari Chairs with ivory cushions, house table linens and napkins in a variety of colors, all glassware, flatware and china, a dance floor and any additional tables or linens needed (cake table, gift table etc.)
- Is there a cake cutting fee?
- No, there is no cake cutting fee it is included with every menu package.
- Is there a bridal suite and a groom’s suite?
- There is a bridal suite attached to the restaurant that includes a changing space and a private bathroom. We suggest that the groom and groomsmen come ready and hang out in the bar area prior to the ceremony.
- Is there a coordinator on site the day of my event?
- Yes, we have an on-site coordinator that works with you to finalize the details of your event such as menu, room layout and linen colors. They are also available for a rehearsal if necessary.
- How much time do we have to decorate before our event starts?
- Two hours of access time are included in the room rental. If you need additional access time you can purchase it at $150 per additional hour.
- Is there a service charge?
- Yes, there is a 20% service charge and it is reflected on your estimate.
- Are sparklers allowed?
- No, unfortunately, there are no sparklers allowed anywhere on property. If you would like to use something else for a sendoff such as bubbles, please ask your event coordinator for approval.
- Is there heat and air in the room?
- Yes, the Grand Pavilion is fully heat and air controlled. The air is not typically turned on until right before your two-hour access time.
- What payment options do I have?
- You can pay by cash, check or card. If you plan on using a credit card there is a 2.5% service fee.
- What am I responsible for during clean up?
- You are responsible for cleaning up anything you provide or bring in such as decorations and centerpieces. Morgan Creek’s staff will clean up everything we provide such as tables, linens and china.
- How do I taste the food that will be served at my event?
- We typically schedule an open house food tasting for all of our upcoming couples to come and taste the food. You will be given about a three-week notice before the scheduled date. If you are unable to attend the open house other accommodations may be arranged. Please inquire with the event coordinator.
- When do we schedule the rehearsal?
- Typically, due to our event schedule we plan to do rehearsals on Thursday nights. We don’t usually schedule the rehearsal until we are about 2 weeks out so we know what events we have going on that weekend.
- Can I bring in my own dessert?
- Yes, you are more than welcome to bring in your own cake or other desserts. We also offer a variety of dessert options if you would like to order them through Morgan Creek.
- Is there an indoor option if it rains?
- Yes, if it rains your coordinator will work with you to plan an indoor ceremony in the Grand Pavilion. Depending on the size of your party most often having a table side ceremony is the best option.
Any questions we didn’t answer? Call or email us and we can answer any other questions you may have!
There are several different options when it comes to the way your guests can receive and enjoy their food on your wedding day. The two options we see couples choose the most are buffet style dinners and plated dinners. Both options come with several delicious menu options but are presented quite differently. Continue reading
There are so many fun and creative ways to display the seating chart for your wedding reception! We love seeing all the different ways our brides choose to do so, from posters to mirrors, to place cards the options are endless. Continue reading
Out of all the wedding pictures we see everyday sunset pictures are always our favorite. The sky is at it’s prettiest at sunset and makes for an absolutely jaw dropping picture you’ll cherish for a life time! Continue reading
Oh Prom, a right of passage every student dreams of. Here at Morgan Creek we host several proms each spring. This past weekend we held Vista Del Lago’s Secret Garden themed Senior Ball. With close to 400 guests we were able to use all of our pavilion, patio and ceremony space to create a magical atmosphere for a night they will never forget. Continue reading
You can tell there was nothing but love at Rachel and Francis’ wedding last month. Between all of the family, friends and co-workers there was no shortage of laughter or fun. The two have been together for several years and were thrilled to finally make it down the aisle! Continue reading
Kids… they’re adorable, we love them, yet when it comes to weddings they tend to be a lot to handle. However, we have seen several brides recently work on keeping them entertained throughout the night. From coloring stations to board games, you can get really creative on how you want to execute it. Continue reading
We have seen more and more couples turn away from the traditional wedding cake and choose more creative options to serve on their big day. While most couples still do a small round cake for cutting, some have decided to not participate in a cake cutting at all! Couples are starting to turn their focus from traditions to the actual “party” part of their day and tend to start that shift in focus with the dessert. So, what are these new desserts we see more and more of each week you ask? Donut bars, cupcake bars, macaroons and so much more are at the forefront of this dessert revolution. If you Pinterest “wedding dessert bars” thousands of creative ideas flood your screen. In order to make things easier, we’ve narrowed down our top three favorite dessert bar options! Continue reading